Metro: Beyond

Beautiful Disaster

Charlotte had just traded shifts to be on loan to Polis to see a friend. She wiped her brow, wiping black grease across it unintentionally. Sitting back she took a drink of the water that she had. 

The Spartan behind her shifted nervously as they heard cries in the distance. “Not too much longer,” she promised him. 

Charlotte took in a breath as she moved to wrap it up. When the generator whirled up there was a sigh of relief from the man before they headed back to Polis. Charlotte was exhausted but she was immediately asked to fix something else in the Spartan area. She didn’t need to be babysat this time so she was left alone only to end up asleep on the job from being up the last 48 hours. 

@Dragon

Dagonet had received the message from Charlotte informing that she'd be coming to Polis on a work assignment. Unfortunately, his own duties had prevented him from being able to greet her on arrival. He was on the surface when she arrived, and while she was sent out with the young Spartan guard. 

It was late when he came back down from the surface. It had been an easy mission - comparatively - and he was still energized and alert. After checking in, giving report and stopping to grab something to eat he made his way toward the guest quarters. Not entirely unsurprisingly, Charlotte was absent. 

Assuming she was absorbed in one of her assigned projects, he went off in search of her. 

The listed work orders made it easy to locate her. Dag set off down into the maintenance corridors, movements muffled by the whirring of fan blades and rattle of motors. When he reached the small room where Charlotte should have been working, he found her half slumped against the wall and dozing soundly. 

There were a number of sweet, gentle ways that he could have roused a woman he'd been courting for such a time now. 

Being who he was, though, Dag slipped the night-stick off his waist and flicked it out. He took the narrow point, nudging it against her ribs in a spot that he knew was sensitively ticklish, and then gave a sharp poke - enough to cause a spastic ripple of muscle, but without causing any actual hurt. 

"Is this what we're paying you for?" The spartan barked out in a serious, commanding tone - though his amused expression immediately gave way to the obnoxious tease. 

@Morrigan

Charlotte jumped and moved to start standing up but when she saw who it was she just took a breath in through her nose and closed her eyes again. "Hi you," she said sleepily reaching up to rub her eyes and yawn. "I'll finish in a minute," she promised. "Just need to rest my eyes," she advised him as she settled again. "I haven't slept in the last two days."

@Dragon

Charlotte opened her eyes and stared at his hand for a second before she reached up to grab it letting him lift her onto her feet. "They said it was important but I just..." she yawned again, "can't seeeeem to keep my-ah," she yawned, "eyes open."

@Dragon

Charlotte hummed, her brain not quite awake as she teetered for a second before she leaned forward and put her head on Dagonet's chest closing her eyes. "Yeah I guess," she mumbled. "I don't even know how long I've been awake for at this point."

@Dragon

Dag paused as she slumped into him, only just barely supporting her own weight anymore, "Too, long, apparently," he answered as he turned into her, wrapping one arm around her torso before gently dipping to catch up the backs of her legs. She squirmed a bit at first, but Dag kept hold of her and made his way off to set her down safely until morning. 

@Morrigan

Charlotte eeked as he picked her up off the ground before she settled with her eyes closed against his chest. "You smell amazing," she muttered tiredly to him. "Is that a new smell or am I just delirious?" she asked him.

@Dragon

The corner of Dag's mouth quirked up ever so slightly with her drowsy observation. After hearing she was due around, he'd picked something up in the hope that it might get her attention in a subtle way. It was pleasing to actually hear that it had worked. 

But of course he wasn't actually going to admit it. 

"I'm just that amazing," he teased. 

Charlotte hummed happily as she rubbed her face into his chest a little more. "Well I already knew that," she muttered to him. "I like it though," she added inhaling him in again, "whatever it is."

"Do you think the pigs will last if we feed them flowers?" she asked obviously starting to speak in nonsense. "Or will Baba yaga get them?"

@Dragon