Metro: Beyond
Sign in to follow this  
Charlotte Daniels

OMW!!

Charlotte was one of the best Bumansky alliance people and likely one of the most generous. That was likely why Dag sent Asche to watch after her while she wasn't at Polis, so she didn't get into trouble. So when Damian and Derek came to get help and they were denied she went to offer her help.

This happened around the time Asche arrived to check up on her and get her back to Polis. Charlotte told Asche she'd go to Polis after she helped the other station which, in turn, ended up with her having to go with them back to this supposed station to keep her safe, especially because she knew that it had to go onto the surface.

That's where they'd run into trouble and end up holed up with another group also on the surface trying to get to the same station. The station of refugees. Oberon.

@Dragon

The first half of their journey to Oberon station was calm. They managed to catch a rail car out of Polis, which carried them almost to the outpost where they'd have to move above ground. It wasn't until they were on the surface that things would start to take a negative turn. 

A storm was threatening the horizon when they started off. It was as the clouds began to blot out the last traces of sunlight that the winds picked up, whistling through gutted buildings. Asche briefly drifted away from the party to scout ahead some, only to come trotting back some minutes later, "There's a super pack of watchmen coming this way," she warned Damian and Derek as she approached, "we should shelter from the storm while the going is still good. Follow me, I think I found us a place." 

@Morrigan

Asche heard but didn't acknowledge as she walked ahead of them. She moved with a cat like silence as they approached the cluster of buildings. Nearby there were scattered howls being carried on the wind, watchmen fleeing from the storm. 

The ranger paid no mind as she led them toward a door, It was slightly open and Asche pushed it fully so with the muzzle of her rifle, "Get the door secure," she said once they were inside, "I'll make sure the rest is." 

Without waiting for any kind of response, Asche moved further on into the old shop. She'd picked the location for its lack of windows. It'd be easy to defend. 

@Morrigan

Asche switched on her light as she moved deeper, carefully checking each room. A rat scuttled across her path at one point, but nothing else moved. There was one other exit, a back door so rusted shut she didn't even try to open it fully, just made sure it was secure before wandering back to rejoin the rest. 

@Morrigan

Asche poked around a while longer and then settled beside Charlotte. She leaned against the woman for shared warmth, but didn't roll out her own blankets yet - just in the vague hope it might be a quick storm. 

Suddenly the door rattled on its hinges, shaken by a violent impact followed by a curse when it failed to give way. 

@Morrigan

Damian's gut said yes but his mind said no. Derek nodded. "It's freezing out there and there is room in the back near the door. If they try anything we have the advantage," he advised.

"I don't know if I like it but I don't think Violet would be happy with us just leaving someone outside to die."

@Dragon

Asche nodded, gaze jumping to the door as there was another impact and more bickering, "We'd better do it quick before something hears the racket," she muttered.

She and Damian moved to cover the door while Derek cautiously kicked away the object wedging it shut.

@Morrigan