Metro: Beyond

Lost and Found

Red Redford

It was a long night for Red. Once Violet had finally cried herself out and stilled against him, he had remained awake for some hours longer. His thoughts wouldn't settle for the longest time. 

When he woke the next morning, it didn't really feel like he'd slept at all. Just closed his eyes for a few minutes. Still, he stretched gently and then dipped his head to nudge affectionately against Violet who was still curled in against his front, "Wake up Vi baby." 

@Morrigan

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Violet roused reluctantly. As she pulled away she could feel her skin sticking to Red's a little from the tears. She looked up to him. A mess. The charcoal she had fixed had run down her face and she looked like an emo emoji. "Morning," she said quietly.

@Dragon

Red looked down to meet her gaze, a sad sense of affection welling as he met her gaze, "You look terrible," he smiled warmly, cupping a hand against her cheek and brushing a coal streak aside with the pad of his thumb. It didn't help any so much as create an even worse smear, but it was the affection he was aiming for. 

@Morrigan

"I'm sure I feel better than I look right now," she smiled to him closing her eyes as she tucked her face into his palm. "What do you have today?"

@Dragon

Violet returned the kiss vigorously. "I love you too," she muttered against his lips. She wouldn't have stayed alive without him, despite their loyal protector. "I'm so happy right now I think my heart might burst."

@Dragon

"Maybe all your good deeds really have come around," he half smiled, giving her another kiss and loosening his grip to let her free so they could get ready for the day. 

@Morrigan

Violet nodded. "Maybe," although if she had done better she figured they wouldn't have been in the metro. She moved to get up and clean up her face, opting to go without makeup, fearful that she'd just smear and smudge it today when she talked to her kids more. "Do you think they'll hate us? Because we didn't find them?"

@Dragon

"Just tell me everything is going to be perfect Red," she didn't ask for it often, if ever. She wanted the hope that they wouldn't just be upset with them now that they knew who they were.

@Dragon