Metro: Beyond

Dissonance

After Alice had drifted soundly back to sleep, Seth gently peeled himself away from her. He stood and brushed himself off, then pulled on his boots before quietly slipping away. 

Neither Tonka or Richie were present when he pushed open their door. He gave a huff and then turned away, heading off in search of Richie so he could take a stab at seeing how his brother was doing. 

@Morrigan

Richie would be in the local bar when Seth would find him. He was drunk and angry but stubborn as hell. When Seth slipped in beside him he sighed. “What do you want?”

@Dragon

"You're drunk and its not even nine am," Seth rolled his eyes as he called bullshit, then shrugged, "she's about what you'd expect. Confused and a little scared trying to figure shit out." 

@Morrigan

"You're gonna have to talk about it eventually," Seth muttered, That was all he said for the moment as the bartender came by. Seth ordered a drink and purchased a couple of loose cigarettes. He lit one up and inhaled deeply. 

@Morrigan

"Suit yourself," Seth shrugged. He figured pushing right then would only cause a fight, but there was always a chance Richie drank enough to finally say what was on his mind. 

@Morrigan

Richie glanced to Seth as he was still sitting there and just let the quiet take them. He wasn't in the mood to talk, especially not about his feelings or why he was angry. Instead he just asked for his drink to be refilled. Eventually he asked, "When are we moving on?"

@Dragon

He didn't answer immediately. That answer had suddenly turned a lot more complicated. 

Of course as it was none of them had any idea if they even could stay, a possibility that existed even if Seth didn't believe his parents would force them out. But assuming they could, would Alice part ways with her brothers again? For his part Seth didn't want to just take off. 

"I don't know," he ended up mumbling, "doc said I've got at least two ribs busted, Hurts to breathe. I'm not rushing to get back out there right now." 

@Morrigan

"Great," he muttered to himself. "I'll pick up some stalker jobs to get us some extra bullets," read himself in case he was moving on alone, "while we wait for you to heal and make a fucking decision," he said finishing the drink in his hand. "If I'm leaving by myself I'd rather know sooner than later," he advised Seth.

@Dragon