Metro: Beyond

Dinner in the big tent

Violet had kept her sidearm on her person as they approached the large tent that they were invited to. She felt uneasy to begin with, they were at a disadvantage and nothing about the place felt exactly right as they headed in.

It was setup almost like out of a bad clown horror movie. There were jugglers and clowns at the side as they walked in to where the table was set in the center ring, where the lion tamer normally sat. She glanced around and at those that were with her on this endeavor.

The woman was in a new outfit, though just as robust but this time in a red, the same color as her hair, like she were about to introduce the show. "Its good to see you again. I apologize. I didn't ask your names last time," she said as she gave a deep bow. As she stood up she continued to grin. "I'm Mordria! Ringmaster of this place," she explained. "Inherited it from my parents," she explained.

"My name is Violet and this is Red," she said. "Major Marcianus and his wife Chuck and a few of our own guards," she said.

"Don't know why you brought guards. You are very safe here," she said to them.

@Dragon

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Call it a matter of custom," Dag answered dryly when she mentioned the lack of need for guards - not that he bought it. They weren't being openly aggressive, but there was still a quiet threat that seemed to hang quite openly. It was an atmosphere the life long soldier couldn't ignore. So far they'd even been prevented from backing up the line to find another route. 

@Morrigan

• 2 weeks later...

"Suit yourself but I want that one to sit next to me," she said giving a small finger wave toward Alexei as she smiled looking from Alexei to Dagonet and then Red as she continued to guide them toward the center of the ring where a large table was setup with what appeared to be a feast with foods many of them likely never imagined they would see again.

She had 3 of her brothers there now. "Let me make introductions," she gave a bow.

"I am Mordria, ringmaster of this lovely carnival. These three are three of my five brothers. Meet Jupiter, Orion and Dwarf," she introduced them all as she pointed at them. "Later, if you're curious I'll introduce those that are serving us," she said

"Before we get to business we should eat," she said to them as she took a seat patting the seat beside her for the soldier she had singled out.

@Dragon

The four leaders of the group murmured the customary responses upon introduction. 

Alexei hesitated when she motioned to the seat. He glanced at Dagonet, who after a moment gave the subtlest of nods as a go ahead. The soldier rolled his shoulders but acquiesced without protest. 

For Dag's part he saw a mild advantage to having Alexei beside her. Perhaps he would be able to filter out something useful. If nothing else it was a gun near the enemy. 

The rest of them took the seats indicated across from her. 

"So how long have you been settled here?" Red asked once they were settled. 

Mordria hummed as each of them were served. The food had a plethora of colors in it that most of them hadn't seen in nearly 3 decades. "Since before I was born," Mordria said casually looking to her eldest brother Jupiter for an answer.

"We don't really know but we assume about five years after the fall," he said to the man. Though that time was skewed due to rapid changes in weather, the constant rioting and looting. It could have been ten years for all they knew. It had just been a while.

"Where are you all coming from?" Mordria asked curiously.

@Dragon

“The Metro,” she said sounding amused as she said it. Under the table Mordria slipped her hand onto Alexei’s leg and started to dance her fingers over it. She wasn’t shy about her advances.

”I assume things aren’t going so well then,” she said to him. “Should I be expecting more visitors?”

@Dragon

All that it meant for the buxom red head was that there was new deals to be made with the people there and that she would have an advantage. "Don't be shy, go ahead and eat," she indicated toward the food that was settled in front of everyone. Her brothers had already started to eat.

"The meat is deer and the vegetables are grown here at the carnival. If I'm not mistaken you primarily had potatoes and mushrooms in that sewer that you left," she said as she picked up her own fork and took a bite of one of the cooked carrots on her plate. As she did so she slid her hand up Alexei's thigh toward his groin as she slid her hand between his legs.

"What brought you all out of the Metro?"

@Dragon

• 2 months later...

Alexei stiffened intially when he felt the buxom red head running her hand along the inside of his thigh. It was an instant reaction for the soldier who hadn't been with a woman in some time now. There hadn't been much time to focus on frivolously pursuing women in the weeks leading up to their departure. 

"Just looking for a better life," Red answered simply. 

@Morrigan

"I guess that's always what we look for," Mordria agreed when she was done swallowing her carrot. Her hand didn't leave Alexei's thigh as she continued to look at the two apparent leaders. "Beyond moving on, what are you looking for?"

@Dragon

She hummed. "If all you were looking for was green, you already found it," she said as she scraped a nail over Alexei's pants between his thigh and his groin. "We have green fields of grass and food. Plenty of food," she expressed as she glanced over to the man she was playing with.

@Dragon

• Dragon locked this topic