Metro: Beyond

Princess no longer

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"I know but I mean you were right there, I was just upset and scared. I didn't want that guy to take it away from me. It really is all I have except Seth and Richie."

@Dragon

"Well... In a way the person that gave you that necklace isn't really the same who was standing right there," Red gave her a smile, "you remember someone different."

It still kind of hurt, honestly, but not for the reasons Tonka likely suspected. 

@Morrigan

"Eh, I'm not busy right now," he shrugged. At least, it was nothing that couldn't wait if Tonka wanted to stick around longer, "like I said if you ever need anything you can usually find me here. If not, one of them will know." 

@Morrigan

Tonka rocked a little. She wanted to talk but she didn't know what to say and didn't want to bother him as she felt she'd already been enough of a nuisance. She hesitated and nodded. "Okay," she said to him.

@Dragon

It took a while. Both of them just sitting there staring at one another. Part of her was just trying to remember if it was similar to the face she remembered from when she was young. The other part trying to gather up the courage of asking him just about every insecurity that she could think of and see if he confirmed it was true. Most of her wanted him to start the conversation.

It seemed like a small eternity before she realized they were just standing there and nodded. "Bye," she said as she turned on a heel to walk away.

@Dragon

The time kept stretching until Red started to wonder if maybe there was something she wanted to say. But right about the time he started to open his mouth, Tonka said her goodbye and walked away. It left him tripping silently over his tongue just a little too long. By the time he recovered Tonka had drifted a little too far off, and he wasted the next few seconds in that awkward mental run around about whether or not it was too late. 

In the end Red ended up clearing his throat in frustration and turning back toward his office. Maybe next time. 

@Morrigan

Tonka considered seeing if Seth was back.. or awake. She stood in front of his door for a long moment before she decided against it and went into the room she was sleeping in with Richie, he was still not back, so she curled into the bed and huffed as she thought about what just happened. It took her a few moments to realize she was crying. She wiped her face and curled up into herself feeling smaller than she ever had before.