Metro: Beyond

Blood Red

It took Tonka a day before Richie convinced her it was fine and that she could go out that she'd be fine. He was trying to encourage her to become more independent. She knew how to protect herself and the station so far seemed safe enough. He even went so far as to follow her around for a while to prove to her that everything was fine.

When she finally said she was fine and he could go get some sleep he gave her a kiss on the temple before yawning and going to go rest in their temporary quarters. She was further down where people were trading than the man that had accused her the day before and that made her feel better about it.

Then suddenly her ears were ringing, she felt a throbbing in her head and she couldn't see. She didn't even know yet that she had hit the ground it had happened so fast.

What seemed like a few seconds at most was significantly more as she tried to push herself out of the ringing fog and will her body to move. By the time she had her hand to her head and was groaning the person that had done it was already disappeared into the crowd and no one saw exactly what happened, they just saw Tonka on the floor.

As she started to regain her footing she pulled her hand away from her head and it came back covered in blood. She reached to her shirt with her unbloodied hand placed it where she should have felt the necklace but it wasn't there, that's when she felt the stinging from it being ripped from her neck.

She barely held back a sob as she reached into the neck of her shirt to feel for it despite knowing full well in her mind that it was gone. A few people asked if she was alright and what had happened but she ignored them as she half stumbled back through the market intending to head back to quarters but taking the wrong turn in her disorientation and ending up where Red had said she could ask for him. Fighting back another sob she took in a deep breath. "Can you get Red for me? He said I could ask for him," she said instead of choosing to go back to quarters, to Richie and Seth. She wasn't sure they could do anything.

Hell, she wasn't sure Red could do anything either but this was his station so maybe he could.

@Dragon

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red was preoccupied with supply logs when the guard poked his head in. The man only said there was a girl asking for him. He didn't question past that. He was hoping maybe it was Tonka seeking him out. 

Was. 

Up until about the time he paced to the front and caught sight of her. She was disheveled, bruised up and her hair was bloody and matted against the side of her head. 

"What the hell happened to her?" he snapped at the closest guard as he started toward Tonka - aggressively at first, then catching himself and taking a moment to gather before approaching much more gently. 

@Morrigan

The guard shrugged. "She hasn't said yet. She just asked for you and wouldn't talk beyond that."

Tonka felt her head again, she thought she was going to be sick from being on her feet with how woozy she felt. She kept closing her eyes and swaying before she'd catch herself to stay on her feet. It wasn't until Red was nearly in front of her that she realized he was there. She straightened her shoulders up a bit as she pulled her hand from her head. "Sorry, if I'm bothing you I can go but I got turned around and I ended up here instead of back... back," she tried to explain as the thought trailed right out of her head. "Is there somewhere I can sit down?"

@Dragon

"No," Red dismissed the apology before she even finished talking, "you come with me sweet heart," he said, reaching to draw her in and keep her supported as she started to sway. 

He lingered there long enough to make eye contact with two of the guards, "You two get out there and find out what the hell happened," he growled, "someone saw something, get it done." 

His arm tightened a little more around Tonka's shoulders as he started to urge her into moving with him. He took her back to the small office he worked from and got her seated quickly, "Do you remember what happened?" he asked as he knelt down in front of her. It was pretty obvious she'd come away with a head injury.

@Morrigan

Tonka blinked a few times as she tried to think it through. "I was in the market with Richie," she said. "And he went to go take a nap," she said slowly closing her eyes for longer than a few seconds as her head nodded she sat back up. "Umm.. Then I was walking and looking and... ummm I was on the ground and," it was like it hit her all over again. "My necklace is gone," she sobbed finally.

@Dragon

Initially Red was most concerned with the open impact wound on her temple, and the obvious side effects. She still didn't seem fully focused, and as she spoke the pauses she had to take made that more apparent. And then she mentioned the necklace. 

His gaze moved to her neck as he did so. Red could still see the red line where a pressure rash had been left on her neck, "Don't you worry about that. I'll get it back for you," Red promised - despite having no idea how exactly he was going to follow through. He'd figure something out, "But right now we need to get you to the medical bay." 

@Morrigan

"Can I just lay down for a minute first?" she asked him. "I'm so tired and my head hurts," she sobbed now that she had let it out she couldn't stop. "I can't believe I lost it," she said. "I'm so sorry. Seth and Richie are going to be so upset with me. I should have been able to take care of myself.

@Dragon

Tonka leaned her head against his hand and she took in a deep breath as she calmed down a little. "I'm so tire though," she muttered to him as she snuggled. "I don't think I can move another step."

@Dragon

"Ow," she yelped pulling away from him. "That hurt," she muttered. She moved to clumsily try to push his hand away from his neck. "I'll get up if you don't do that again."

@Dragon

Tonka let him pull her up as she used his hands and arm to steady herself. The sudden up from down made her head spin again and she bent over and threw up on Red's shoes. sitting up slower this time she wiped her mouth. "Sorry," she said again.

@Dragon

Red flinched as she wretched suddenly. Short of shoving her away there was no way to avoid it. He ended up wrinkling his nose briefly and breathing out, "Don't worry about it. Will it be easier if I carry you?" 

@Morrigan

Tonka tried to think that question through, she wanted to tell him no, because she was supposed to be able to take care of herself but right then she didn't feel strong, she felt tiny. She felt like she should have been hidden away in a corner with her brothers watching over her. She finally muttered a quiet, "you don't have to," as she sighed. "Which way do I need to go?" she asked expecting he was just sending her off.

@Dragon