Metro: Beyond

Dark Necessities

Violet nodded. "Good," she said to him. Only their better trained officers had more advanced weapons and Damian had been gone with his and Derek needed his for his rounds that night so Violet was unable to get anything for herself.

@Dragon

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again silence lapsed between them. Seth focused on watching their surroundings for threats while Violet navigated the path. They were forced to slow as the light began to dwindle, but all the same they kept pressing onward. 

@Morrigan

It began to get slower as she had to focus on landmarks and the light dimmed to nothing. She was apprehensive. She lost one son and she didn't know why or where he was going and the other was on the verge of losing her niece and his lover. She had a steely resolve to help make sure that didn't happen. The quiet, fortunately wasn't tense, both parties were focused on the end goal.

@Dragon

Night finally settled in full. There was a half moon in the sky, but cloud cover moved in thick, obscuring the dim light. Finally they were forced to pause and take cover for a rest. 

"Do you think you can keep on track from here?" he asked as they found a place to settle and give their feet a rest, "If you need it you can take the night scope. I can still watch your back." 

@Morrigan

Violet looked to Seth as he offered his scope to her. "It might help me find the landmarks I'm looking for," she admitted. She was sore, she could feel how badly this was going to hurt when she got back already. She felt older than she was in that moment. She wasn't meant to do things that were meant for the young. Family was more important to her though. "As long as my information is correct it's only a few more hours to the location but my understanding is the ghosts start showing up," and if you let them they'll drive you mad she thought to herself.

@Dragon

Violet looked over to him and was tempted to ask him to elaborate but chose not to. Not while they were out there. She'd spend more time with him once Alice was feeling better. That's at least what she believed not knowing that things were going to just slowly dwindle into worse conditions. "You ready?" she asked him.

@Dragon

Violet nodded as she got up after one last stretch and continued them in the direction they were going using Seth's scope to verify the landmark's that she knew were there to where cache of Prussian blue was. She was already feeling the bone tiredness of no sleep.

@Dragon

He stayed close behind as they got back on the move. The mutants were moving about far more than they had been during the day. Fortunately they'd avoided them so far  Seth hoped that kept up.

@Morrigan

Violet kept on the move before she came to a sudden halt and motioned for Seth to join her. "There is a group of watchers up ahead. It looks like a nest. We need to go around," she whispered to him.

@Dragon

Seth pushed a quiet breath through his nose, frustrated by the prospect. He nodded, though, "Alright," he agreed. Trying to clear a nest to get through was far too risky, "lets go." 

He fell quietly into place when she started to move again, keeping a sharp look out for any signs of trouble. 

@Morrigan

They would have to work their way through unfamiliar territory before Violet finally forced them to take a momentary rest to change out filters and for her to get her bearings. "This city has changed so much and yet so little," she said to him during their momentary break. "It still wants to kill me. The hospital isn't far from here."

@Dragon

:Some parts almost look like before," Seth murmured as he checked his rifle over, making sure all was in order while they had a few moments, "or at least it seems like they do. I don't really know how accurate my memory is, anymore," he gave a half smile. 

@Morrigan