Metro: Beyond

Dark Necessities

"No,,,, everything is so different," Seth grimaced as he spoke, though his expression was hidden by the mask, "I tried to find our old apartment a few times.... You know, once the Reich started sending me on surface missions. But I looked every time I thought there was a chance. Like if I could just find the stupid place ten years later or more, maybe I could leave a note or something for one of you to find... Blind optimism, I guess," he gave a soft, quiet laugh, "like either of you ever would have found that, even if I did get back to the right place." 

@Morrigan

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Like I said, it was just blind optimism," gave a half smile, though it wasn't visible behind the mask, "I just always hoped we'd find you again." 

@Morrigan

"Not a day has gone by that I haven't wanted to find you either," she told him. "I'm elated that you've come back to us." That's why Richie's leaving hurt so much.

@Dragon

"Yeah... I've missed you every day. Hope I didn't completely fuck Tonka up," he gave a soft scoff, the sound a mixture of both amusement and concern. He didn't want to discuss Richie at all, for the moment - he felt betrayed and abandoned, "I think maybe I tried to shelter her too much." 

@Morrigan

"She's wonderful. Still upset about her lost necklace though. Your dad has been enjoying spending time with her. She was his princess," she said to him as they continued their journey.

@Dragon

"Yeah, I remember," he nodded once, "seemed like they were always together... I hope the necklace turns back up," Seth gave a sigh, knowing it wasn't likely. 

@Morrigan

"She loves it... I'm glad she had it with her that day. Helped me keep her calm and quiet, sometimes, when she was too young to understand why it was important." 

@Morrigan

Even hearing about the hardships of her kids early on hurt her and she knew she couldn't fix it but she wanted to. She hadn't wanted that life for any of them. "Your dad will find it. He's uncanny when it comes to that."

@Dragon

"Yeah. I'm sure that he's working on getting it back as we speak to distract himself from work and the fact that I'm on the surface," she said to him.

@Dragon

Violet smiled despite the fact that he couldn't see it. "Neither do I," she shook her head. "Whoever it is will probably get a beating of his life and kicked out of Oberon."

@Dragon