Metro: Beyond

Dark Necessities

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To her there was no hope dwelling over the past and the what if’s but right now it seemed fine. “I always wish that Richie would have forgotten his backpack and you got up late and refused to get up like you often did. Tonka forced your dad to snuggle for just three more minutes,” she said.

”Then once you were up you’d beg to go to the embassy just for a few minutes mom then I’ll go to school I promise.” There was a sadness in her voice which made it obvious that it played over and over in her head. “Then you would have been in my car and with me. Can’t do anything about that now.”

@Dragon

"Well in our defense it was a little bit rough being the only couple of Americans in the entire school at that age," Seth answered, trying to veer away from the melancholy tone a little bit, "and Richie was such an easy target of a dork for bullies to get after. I was smacking some asshole down for him every other day," he said.

It was a heavy exaggeration. 

Seth certainly had defended his brother a few times, but Richie had never been a pushover. Just often willing to tolerate more before he reacted. 

@Morrigan

"Yeah, I know. I got the calls from school. I just always wished that day was the day was one of the days you begged me to stay home."

@Dragon

"Yeah, well... I wish you were too. But I know you would have been, if you'd had any choice in the matter. At least now you'll be around for the baby, though," he commented without thinking. 

@Morrigan

Seth paused as well, cringing as he realized his mistake. They didn't even know if the baby was going to survive... 

"Alice is pregnant,"he admitted reluctantly, "that's why I insisted I had to come out here... Doc says without the Prussian Blue the only chance of saving her is to terminate. And even then she might not make it without," 

@Morrigan

"Ah fuck," she said as she huffed. Surviving from an abortion was about as likely as surviving from surface sickness. "We need to move faster," she said to him as she picked up their pace despite the darkness.

@Dragon

That being Violet's reaction wasn't the most comforting. Seth just picked up his pace to match, though. He wanted to get there and back as swiftly as possible. Alice was counting on him, and he needed to be there both for her and his sister. 

@Morrigan