Metro: Beyond

Dark Necessities

Violet glanced over her shoulder as Seth talked and she looked back to him as he finished. "I think I can do that, yeah," she said wanting to get in and out of here as quickly as possible.

@Dragon

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Leave your pack with me. I'll toss it down to you once you're settled," Seth told her as he carefully placed his rifle against the wall. They were going to have to maneuver carefully to make this work. Fortunately, despite her height Violet was still a slender woman. Seth was confident he could support her weight safely. 

@Morrigan

Violet did as requested feeling an almost panic building up in her chest as she felt the darkness creeping in despite the light. "Alright, I'm ready," she indicated.

@Dragon

Seth got her positioned against the ledge and slowly helped her lower down. It was a little awkward at first, but soon he had her hanging from his arm as he knelt, "Hold tight," he grunted,  "I'm gonna let you go on three," Seth warned as he started to get a short sort of pendulum motion going to give her enough of a swing to make the landing.

@Morrigan

It was certainly straining on her arms but as she swung and he released her she landed, albeit a little hard, on the landing. Grunting she pushed herself up straight and nodded. "I'm good," she advised him.

@Dragon

Seth clenched his jaw as he watched her hit the surface, then breathed a sight of relief as it held. He straightened to grab her pack, "Catch," he warned, tossing it to her as gently as possible, "now get yourself off there and out of the way. It already looks shoddy. It'll probably come down when I hit it." 

As it stood, he was hoping to leap and catch hold of the railing to reduce some of the impact. But he was bracing himself with the expectation that it would likely just crash straight down otherwise. 

@Morrigan

Violet pulled her pack back on. "You need to stay up there," she said to him. "Otherwise we're not getting out of here. You'll need to pull me back up."

@Dragon

His frown deepened, and Seth opened his mouth to argue further - but Violet had already turned her back and moved on. He huffed as she moved out of sight, turning uneasily to watch the direction the'd come from. Hopefully she'd get in and out quickly. 

@Morrigan

Violet walked away not really leaving him time to argue, not that they had it really. They needed to get out of there and the goosebumps that laced her arms said they needed to do it a lot faster than struggling with getting back up to Seth's level.

She moved quickly to get to where she heard the Prussian blue was. There was plenty according to the stalkers that had made it back.

Every few steps she turned. It was like she could hear something that was there and it wasn't. It made her nervous. It seemed to get worse as she continued further in. Eventually she blinked and saw what the hospital looked like before the war. She slowed as the sounds around her overtook her senses. She stepped through a hole and nearly fell to the floor below, she tore her leg instead. She cried out as she pulled herself back up.

Taking in a few sharp breaths she pushed herself back up to continue further in where her end goal was.

@Dragon

Time seemed to crawl by as he waited. Seth shifted in place, fighting off the urge to pace as he listened intently. The longer he waited the more unnerved he began to feel. Like he wasn't alone up there. Like there was something flickering in his side line of vision. Any time he looked, though, he found nothing. 

After a while he heard a muffled cry. Seth stiffened and turned back to the old stairwell, listening intently. He was hesitant for a few moments, finally deciding to risk it, "Mom?" he called out, though he didn't know whether or not she'd be able to hear. 

@Morrigan

Violet didn't hear her son, the room of laughter around her too loud but the fall made her instinctively call out an "I'm fine," as she rolled and pushed herself back to her feet making sure she was a lot more careful as she moved forward using her foot to verify there was floor. She just needed to find the stairs. One more level down and the room across from there was where the medications were.

She was slow but as the memory faded it made moving a lot faster. She turned as she felt something behind her again only getting her to move faster. Once inside of the medications room she found the prussian blue first then other medications still left there because of the fear that people had coming here. She made the pack as full and heavy as possible. If she needed to she'd offload into Seth's pack she figured.

@Dragon

He heard a sound, though not exactly what was said. It was only the quiet that kept him in place a little while longer. If something were wrong, there would likely be more commotion. 

And it hadn't really been that long, he reminded himself. It just felt that way because of where they were and the nature of their mission. It would be foolish to take a leap down there and risk stranding them both. 

"Come on, mom," he murmured aloud, mostly just to break the silence. He was feeling more and more uncomfortable. The sense of being watched was only increasing. He could swear he was starting to hear things again, too. 

When he finally did hear a definitive noise he tensed, turning toward the stairwell and breathing a sigh of relief when it was Violet that appeared down below. Seth immediately shrugged off his pack to grab the length of paracord inside to lower down and help drag her up. 

@Morrigan

Violet sent the pack up first as it was more important. If he needed to go he could.

Once it was up she took the paracord and used it to help her get to his arms so he could pull her up. It was a struggle enough but it was harder since he had to pretty much dead pull her up to his level.

@Dragon