Metro: Beyond

Home Celebrations

"Chuck you know I love you," he sat up on the edge of the bed and leaned forward to rest his arms on his legs, "but right now with Miller gone the whole Order is one rift away from collapsing. I'd like at least a little more stability before we move further." 

@Morrigan

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlotte set her tools down to turn around and look at him as soon as he said the awkward version of her nickname. "It's never going to be a good time Dagonet and at this point I don't think its that you don't want a family its that you don't want a family with me because I'm not like Joe or Asche. I'm not nearly as strong as them but I'm still here aren't I? Doesn't that count for something with you?"

@Dragon

"I've got no interest in a woman like Asche or Joe," he frowned, "have you considered that I just don't want you living here in the base? But it's where I'm stuck for now. Things will level when the council determines a replacement for Miller. The officers will all rank upward and I'll have more clout and leeway." 

@Morrigan

Charlotte looked to the ground as he mentioned the current situation which just felt like it validated her story more than anything "Have you considered I'm tired of waiting for what you consider is the right time Dag?" she asked him after a few moments of silence and just turned her eyes to look up to him. "I just get older and less likely to have kids with every passing day."

@Dragon

"Would you really want to raise a baby in this shithole?" he asked, motioning around the cramped room. It was smaller than a standard jail cell, packed with a cot, small table, and locker and wall shelves for storage. Living on the base didn't cost him anything, and that was a large reason he did. But it was also a decision he'd originally made because getting a real apartment - or what passed for one these days - was difficult. He could afford it. Waiting for one to open up and getting into it before anyone else was a different matter, "Look I know there's never gonna be a perfect time down here but things can still be better if we're patient." 

@Morrigan

Charlotte huffed a frustrated breath out. "Yeah. Things can always be better Dagonet but I want to go home. I'm pregnant and sitting here with you just tells me you're not ready. My friends in the alliance will be."

@Dragon

"Every time I've asked for it Dag. You've always had an excuse. Not even five seconds ago you said that Miller leaving made having a family difficult. You're only changing your mind because I said I was pregnant. Please.... just get me home where people want me."

@Dragon

"How is this about how you're a bad guy Dagonet? I don't think you're a bad guy. If I did, do you think I'd still be with you? I love you so much but I can't keep waiting for nirvana. I have to be a little realistic every once in a while and this is one of those moments. You don't want a family and I do. What do you want me to do?"

@Dragon