Metro: Beyond

Only One Survivor

Alice Gregory

The nurses came in with clean bedding while she washed. Seth helped them strip off the old sheets and put clean ones down to keep himself occupied. 

When she returned to him Seth wrapped wrapped his arms around her and tucked his chin over her head. He couldn't think of anything useful to say so he just held her in close. 

@Morrigan

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alice didn't need words, she just needed him right that moment. She buried her face into his chest and just held herself against him to keep from sobbing. She had been excited about a future, about having a kid with him. She knew it wasn't easy down there but it was enough. Even if they hadn't found their family he was enough for her.

Eventually she took a breath in. "Lay down with me? Just hold me until I fall asleep again," she asked him.

@Dragon

"Of course," he murmured, releasing her enough to help her back to the cot. He settled first, letting her lie beside him to she could adjust to what felt best for her. Once she'd tucked in he kissed the top of her head and stroked his palm against her arm. 

@Morrigan

It took her a while. Her mind whirling at a million miles a minute. "Do you think," she whispered before she cut herself off and just breathed out closing her eyes and tucking in closer to him.

@Dragon

"This wouldn't have happened if I'd gotten back with the medicine sooner."

Or if he'd stopped her being hurt in the first place. But he was afraid to remind her of another failing. 

@Morrigan

"Never," he promised, brushing a few strands of hair back as she settled. He continued the small affections every now and then until her body finally settled a little more heavily, her breath evening and deepening. Seth still didn't move much, afraid to wake her when she needed the rest - both physically and mentally. 

@Morrigan