Metro: Beyond

Richie had his second thoughts before he got to the Red Line entrance that he had to buy himself into. He considered going back even as he sat in a circle with other men around a fire in the tunnels. He missed his sister and brother, especially around men he didn't know or trust not to slit his throat and rob him in the middle of the night.

They all seemed amicable enough that didn't mean that Richie slept any heavier than normal.

It was the shift of rocks and a grunt as a man that had walked a few feet into the shadows that a man returned with a bruising grip on a face that Richie knew. He furrowed his brow in confusion. "Found her snooping. Probably thinking about stealing some of the supplies we're moving," he said as he wrapped an arm around her waist and drug her in bringing his face closer to hers, his foul smelling breath was sickeningly sweet. "I think I'm gonna teach her a lesson.

Richie didn't make a move and watched to see how it would unfold for a moment.

@Dragon

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For once, Kae actually wasn't up to any kind of mischief. She'd been alerted by the sound of voices echoing off the tunnel as she made her way home. From the distance and in the dim lighting, it seemed they could have been bandits as easily as traders. She couldn't discern any insignias that marked a station. 

Really, neither prospect was particularly appealing. Either way it was a large group of large, stinking men. 

That left her with the option of turning around - which would add at least another day to her trip, as it was a particularly round about route. Not a safe one, either. Or she could sneak past the men and make it to the vent she knew was accessible through the maintenance room down the tunnel a ways. 

She'd almost made it without any hitch until one of the men, returning from taking a leak, suddenly towered in front of her in the darkness. He had hold of her before she could react beyond the initial jolt of shock. 

"Get the hell off me!" she demanded with more confidence than she felt. Maybe fear was creating an exaggeration of perception, but it looked like his forearm was about as thick as her thigh., "I'm just trying to get home I haven't done anything," she twisted in his grip, leaning back as his foul breath hit her face. He wound his hand in her pony tail and wrenched her head back, holding her in place and starting to force her back toward the wall. 

Kae spit in his face and as he jerked back, lifted her heel and drove it into the bridge of his foot before twisting to get away. 

@Morrigan

Richie let the man pin her against the wall and hitch her up before he spoke up. It quieted most of them and made the man look over his shoulder at him as Richie didn’t talk much. “Let me have her. You owe me Boris,” he said simply. 

The man scowled. “But I am the one that found her.”

”But you owe me,” he repeated. “I want her,” he said.

The man pulled back but didn’t let go of her hair as he dragged her back and flung her nearly into the fire as he threw her toward Richie. He deftly caught her and spun her around. “Sit,” he directed her.

@Dragon

Her attempt to hurt the man enough to get loose didn't work. It only seemed to annoy him and next thing Kae knew she was gasping for air because he threw her against the wall so hard it shocked her diaphragm. 

There was a split second she might could have kneed him in the crotch, but she couldn't focus over the struggle for air and next thing his knee was between her thighs and her toes were barely on the ground. 

His calloused palm was under her shirt and forcing upward before she started to get the first gasp back then. She wriggled pitifully, not quite ready to give into the inevitable. 

Her fear didn't ease much when a second man stepped in to lay claim. Kaella's gaze flicked toward the voice and she froze entirely as she recognized the man. The one they'd robbed outside of Oberon. Shit. Shit. Shit. 

She sank herself into the wall like she might be able to melt into it... and then she felt a tearing in her scalp as she was hurled. Kae yelped as she found herself staggering toward the fire, far too quickly to save herself. She could feel the heat of it threatening to singe her arms when the stranger caught her by the waist and dumped her on her ass. 

Kae stayed frozen in place, realizing that she was completely surrounded now and that submission was her only chance of crawling away from this alive. 

@Morrigan

“Why do you want this one Sergei?” it wasn’t often he laid claim to a conquest.

”Just do,” he said offering the girl the rest of his food.

”Seems suspicious,” the man eyed him.

”She’s young and pretty. Do I really need to explain more than that?”

@Dragon

Kae immediately shrank and made herself look small, like it might somehow make her suddenly unnoticed. She avoided looking toward the first man. 

Part of her was relieved not to find herself manhandled anymore. Another part of her wanted them to just get it over with and let her crawl home. 

She didn't try to plead, though. Instead she kept quiet and awkwardly took what she was handed. 

At least now I don't have to feel guilty about that stupid fucking gun, she thought bitterly to herself. 

@Morrigan

Richie listened to the men for a while as he sipped on his water and they all drifted off to go to sleep, him taking the first shift. As the men began to snore around them Richie nudged the girl. “You and your friend owe me for the stuff you took from me,” he advised her. “Plus that,” he indicated to getting her out of trouble with the large man.

@Dragon

The wait was nerve wracking. Kae curled her knees against her chest and avoided making eye contact with any of them. 

For some reason she felt more uneasy as the rest of the men started to sleep. She was glad for it, sure, but it wasn't what she should expect. 

When the stranger finally looked to her, she looked up with what defiance she had left to muster, "So fuck me and let me go already." 

@Morrigan

Richie went quiet from there relaxing in his spot as he pulled out a book and started to read it by the firelight, listening to the tunnels and the echoes that trickled down to them. Some of them didn’t sound like they came from anything living.

As they sat there, in the distance a blue orb that looked like it was made out of electricity manifested and started toward them slowly.

@Dragon

Kae huddled close to the fire and stayed quiet, too anxious to sleep. She rubbed her arm nervously as the strange sounds echoed through the tunnels. This wasn't a particularly secure line. Nosalis and even watchmen came through it frequently. 

There was a sudden shrieking and frantic scrabbling. Kae jumped up with a curse as rats suddenly came running by. She inched even closer to the fire to avoid them as they ran indiscriminately over anything else in the path. 

"Oh, shit," she breathed when she looked down the tunnel, "we have to get out of here," she said frantically 

@Morrigan

Richard didn't look up from his book at her word, but more at the scurrying of rats. He looked up from his book before he quickly stashed it into his pack seeing the glow beyond the girl and hearing the crackle of radios. He stood up pulling on his pack and kicking the man closest to him. "We need to move on, now," he said almost too loudly. "Lets go," he said kicking the next person.

@Dragon