Metro: Beyond

Joe nodded as she took the book and the paper and she looked around. Her head was pounding but she knew she had to fight through it. She had to get Ilia home even if she didn't make it. The place needed smart people like him not more asshole grunts like her.

She lifted the hand with the paper and rubbed the side of her face behind her mask getting some blood on her hand. "Sorry," she muttered half to Ilia half to herself as she blinked again. Staring at the pages she finally looked up and around them. "Okay," she said still wheezing. "We need to go this way," she said as she started to head in the direction, "and I need both of you fucks to be as quiet as possible. My ears are still ringing and I need to hear shit. I fucking hate this place," she reiterated for the millionth time to Ilia.

"Lets go," she said moving at a swift pace and keeping close to large objects to stay hidden as they moved. Every once in a while she'd pause to look at the map.

@Dragon@AnOriginalAccountNam

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)

@Dragon  @Morrigan

Misha continued along with the two Rangers but by now he had noticed the odd behavior from Joe, despite the rocky start with the Rangers, Misha knew they had to work together or they'd all die before they ever got out of the Dead City. He continued along with them like a dutiful soldier, keeping his AK leveled for any threats and ignoring the pain from his wounds while trying to think of some way to convince Joe to stop and have her own checked out.

Soon the group found themselves at a series of old apartment buildings, lots of them, still standing even after a nuking and almost thirty years of acid rain, mutants and battles from numerous factions on the surface. It was the old and familiar soviet mass housing projects that could be found anywhere in both Moscow, and no doubt what was left of Russia's cities. They continued on past them, finding themselves at a courtyard in between the two largest projects, their was an odd overhanging hallway, sort of connected the buildings as they walked in. 

Just as they did the all too familiar crack of an AK went off and the group shoved themselves down and against a wall, aiming their weapons and looking for whoever could have taken the shot. As they did they heard glass shatter and a blood curdling scream, then the heavy sound of a body falling. Looking around no one saw where it came from but as Joe looked forward in the direction they had been heading in, she could see something crumpled in front of the overhanging hallway, it was someone in a radiation suit. There wasn't much left, it had been weathered away by time and bits of bone were poking out through it, but where the body landed matched up with where the sound of the body falling would be. More ghosts, early ones too from the looks of it. It was rare for Stalkers to attack each other unless they belonged to more hated groups like the Nazi's, but the skeletons radiation suit lacked any faction markings, it was just a person. Probably some poor fool cut out of a deal that Stalkers are and were prone to making over scrap decades ago.

"Jesus Christ, it never ends with this shit..." Misha muttered, standing up from the ground and offering a hand to Joe to help her up.

"Come on, Ranger. It's nothing."

Edited by AnOriginalAccountNam
Added in emails.

"I said I hate this place. Not that I'm fucking scared of it," Joe said as she brushed past the annoying vulture. She glanced down toward her filters meter and noted it hadn't gone off yet but everything was reading fine. She huffed as she looked to the maps she had again. They were starting to blur a little and she was feeling worse. Unfortunately she was stubborn, but it was fortunate for the pair she was with.

"So this part is the hard part," Joe said as she snapped the book closed and moved to put it back in Ilia's pack adding a few things from her own as she did so.

Just as she said it the beating wings of a demon sounded overhead. "I'm gunna tell you when to run and you're going to sprint the exact same way I do across this clearing," she advised. "There is a tunnel that will get us in a maintenance line to a safer part of the city. Fucking watch me okay? That means you too. I can care less if you make it but if you want to... you watch," she repeated to him.

@Dragon

Joe made sure Ilia was ready before she took off into the clearing. She made a few stops along the way against a bus and another vehicle to get to the other side. By the time she got to the other side she was breathing heavy and screwing off her filter to replace it.

Once replaced the reappeared in the door she expected them to follow after her in and she nodded.

Ilia ushered the stalker forward to follow up on Joe's run.

The beating of the wings could be heard overhead before it swooped but just as he ducked against the vehicle as Joe had done. Not giving it enough time to grab him.

@Dragon

@Morrigan  @Dragon

Misha breathed out a loud sigh of relief.

"Oh thank God..." He muttered and then looked at Joe before looking back at Ilia.

"Come on, boy! Get over here!" Misha ordered, gesturing for the Ranger to hurry over to them. 

Joe took in a breath as Ilia took his first steps out. She had to make sure he made it. About halfway through the demon swooped and picked him up. “Fuck,” she didn’t even hesitate beyond that as she took off to grab Ilia as he fought the creature off and he hit the ground.

@Dragon

@AnOriginalAccountNam

@Dragon  @Morrigan

"Aw fuck!" Misha yelled out shortly after Joe, before he could do much else he switc his AK to automatic firs,t stepped forward and opened fire on the demon.

"Grab him!" He ordered Joe as he continued to fire what has left of the magazine on the rifle into the demons side.

Joe didn't really need the vultures help but as she slid in beside her bleeding boyfriend she appreciated the spray of bullets. It was a quick drag over to the nearest vehicle before she smiled to him and shifted to pick him up and over her shoulders. She waited until the demon swooped again before she took off running for the building and slid inside just in time to dodge the demon for a last time.

She was heaving but she didn't stop moving as she headed toward the tunnel she found, her boyfriend over her shoulders. "Lets go Vulture."

@Dragon  @Morrigan

"Coming!" Misha called out, running after Joe and Ilia, reload his AK as he did. He sprinted as fast as he could for where Joe had ran, he had no intention of being lunch for a pissed of demon. 

Joe swore under her breath in Spanish before she shoved the guy away from here. "What you just want more meat out here for it," she growled to him as she grunted and picked Ilia up pulling him over her shoulders like a shawl before she stood up. "Fucking move you idiot," she said to the man as she started to move more slowly but deliberately back to the building she had come from.

She ducked next to a car as the beating of the demon's wings came too close. "Move," she said as it started to move away.

When she got to the building she leaned against the wall and turned her icy Mexican glare toward the man. "If I fucking need your help I'll tell you what to do. Until then you need to stop trying to play hero," she said still wheezing. "That's my job."

Finally she shifted Ilia to the ground so she could look him over and bandage him up so he wouldn't bleed. She was actually pretty good at it despite letting Ilia do it normally. She eventually had him patched up and duct taped up. "Lets go," she said as she pulled him back up over her shoulders and started to head in the direction she had intended to go in the first place.

@Morrigan @Dragon

Misha sighed at her job comment but followed her into the building, closing the flimsy door behind him as he did. Anything to slow down the mutants, even if just by a moment but then he stopped.

'That's my job'...yeah..." he mumbled to himself, shaking his head before he sighed and decided to speak up as he continued after Joe.

"How good do you think you'll do you're job with that head of yours, Ranger?" He asked firmly, then stopped and stared firmly at Joe through his gas mask.