Metro: Beyond

Joe shook off the cold from outside as she came in and waited for the doors to close before she removed her mask. She shoved the closest guy that tried to shove her first. "Fuck you. I'm tired. Where is Ilia and Dagonet?" she asked.

She shoved her shoulder hard into Sergei's and nearly knocked him over as he indicated to where they were. She started off with her other soldiers behind her as they made there way through Polis to get to where they could report.

@Dragon

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ilia would be the first of the pair that Joe was able to locate. He was where one would expect to find him that time of day, down in the mechanical bays working his way through an endless list of repairs. 

There was a lot of clanking and cursing when Joe would first enter the room. 

@Morrigan

"You're hardly one to talk," Ilia retorted without looking up from the part he was fiddling with. Both hands were occupied and he was gnawing on his lower lip and frowning as he often did when focused, "I might in just a second here if this damn part won't act right." 

@Morrigan

Ilia looked up abruptly with an expression that suggested he might have thrown the tool in his hand at her if he could have let it go right then, "She's been doing it longer," he scowled as he looked back down. 

"All I'm hearing Russian boy is blah blah puta blah blah excuses," she said using a slang term from her native language that her dad taught her. As she spoke she used her hand to mimic his mouth moving. "Seriously do you need my help or what? Or if you want me out of your hair faster tiny one, tell me where Marcinius got off to."

@Dragon

"Bashing it with the butt of your rifle isn't going to help, you damn troglodyte," Ilia retorted. He'd been fighting with it long enough to be thoroughly irritated, so even though he knew she was making a genuine offer the phrasing rubbed him the wrong way, "Marcianus is off somewhere with that Baumansky woman of his." Of course by which he meant Charlotte. 

@Morrigan

"Well fuck," she muttered. "That means that he's taking a 'break'," she said rolling her eyes. "Fine. I'll get out of your hair. You know where to find me if you change your mind about needing help. Cleaning my gun instead of yours," she said with heavy innuendo that always seemed to go over his head.

@Dragon

In his typical oblivious fashion, Ilia didn't initially catch on to her meaning, "Not my fault you don't maintain your weapons regularly," came the retort. 

What she had really meant would click about the time she left the room and got off down the hall. 

@Morrigan

"Suit yourself," she said to him as she headed out of the room grabbing her weapon on her way by, she kept her weapons cleaned and well maintained he'd just never responded to her advances. It sucked, she had a thing for him for years. It's why her dad took to riding him hard when he saw him.

Joe continued to wander for a while but figured that Dagonet would come back to check in on whether they were back so she headed there to wait, and clean her weapon while she did so.

@Dragon

It might have helped drive the point across if Joe had used 'her rifle and his gun' in her innuendo... Might have. 

Then again, Joe's father was as much of an obstacle as Ilia's inability to recognize a woman's advances. He was an intimidating man. 

It would be almost another two hours of waiting around that Dagonet would finally meander around to see whether or not the patrol had come back on schedule. 

"How'd it go?" Dagonet asked as he came into the room she was occupying. 

@Morrigan