Metro: Beyond

Generator Repairs

Morrigan

Tonka had been trying to fix the generator for days while they waited for the woman Charlotte to come over from Polis. At least that's what her dad said. She was covered in grease with a black streak across her cheek and forehead when she heard someone come in the room. "I don't need anything to eat or drink. Leave me alone Seth," she said as she moved in closer to the thing.

When she finally glanced over her shoulder to see a cute boy she turned a dark red color. "I... I thought you were my brother," she admitted. "Who are you?" she asked him with her hands still deep in the generator.

@Dragon

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one had mentioned that someone was already there working. Ilia slowed as he entered the room. It didn't take long for the stranger to realize he was there. Though obviously a woman, it wasn't Charlotte.

Well, of course it wasn't Charlotte. He was there in her stead. But Chuck was one of the few female engineers he knew. 

"Polis sent me to make a few repairs here," he answered, shifting the strap of his pack against his shoulder, "didn't say anything about another being involved." 

@Morrigan

Tonka nodded. “I’m not really an engineer,” she said to him. “I’m just trying to help my mom and dad. “I...” god what was wrong with her? “I’ve read manuals,” she explained to him. 

Tonka looked back to the generator. “I guess I should just get out of your way then,” she sounded a little frustrated and annoyed with herself as she thought she almost had it.

@Dragon

Oh, great, Ilia thought to himself irritability. Now he was going to have to fix whatever the civilian had mucked up. So much for a quick in and out repair. 

"Thanks," he murmured, "name's Ilia."

@Morrigan

“I’m...” she paused a moment not sure which name to give. “I’m Tonka,” she said as she huffed and pulled the last thing into place and screwed it together praying that she had gotten it fixed finally. She withdrew her hands from the device to stand up and shake his hand.

@Dragon

"Nice to meet you too. Could you maybe show me how you fix it?" she asked him honestly. "I really want to learn and where I came from it wasn't easy."

@Dragon

Ilia looked a little surprised by the request. If he were being honest he didn't really want to be social- hadn't since his last conversation with Joe. But even so he gave a shrug, "I'm not really the best at instruction but it you want to watch I can show you a little, I guess."

@Morrigan

“That’s fine,” she nodded. “I’m actually really good with that,” she advised. “I hope I didn’t mess it up further,” she said. “If I did maybe I can buy you a drink for the inconvenience? I really was trying to fix it.”

@Dragon

It'd take more than a drink to make up for the inconvenience if she'd screwed up this particular machine, but he didn't voice that, "Well, let's see what you've done so far," he said as he came around to the acess panel. 

@Morrigan

“I figured out that it was likely a connecting panel. I think I got it reconnected... I am just not sure,” she admitted to him. “What happened to the Charlotte lady?”

@Dragon

Ilia didn't know or trust the girl well enough to give the generator a test based on her word. He knelt down to inspect everything for himself, "Well, I don't know exactly," he shrugged at the question, "I don't know her so much as of her. But rumor through the vines is she's pregnant, and her boyfriend doesn't want her out to stations that require surface travel to access." 

@Morrigan

“Oh...” Tonka said frowning. The guy seemed as stiff as her cousin Damian which was a little daunting. “Congrats to her though. My brothers girlfriend just lost a baby recently. I think he was excited for it because it wasn’t me...” she smirked as she moved closer to where he was working. “Do you have a girlfriend?” She asked.

@Dragon

Of course, that was about the worst question she could have asked right about then. Ilia's shoulders tightened as he opened the panel back up, "No. Not at the moment," he answered.

@Morrigan