Metro: Beyond

Earning Forgiveness.

AnOriginalAccountNam

@Morrigan

"You want another drink?" Grischa asked, watching Katya down what little remained of Joe's vodka and then hand the bottle back to the old man as she nodded and he did the same.

"...It's been a hell of a day." He said, and began to lead Katya to the bar. 

What time is it? He wondered. Every station in the metro ran on its own time, where it was the crack of dawn in one it was the middle of the night in another. Right now it seemed it was getting late at Polis, people were heading home and those who were not were going to one of Polis' many bars which Katya and Grischa soon found themselves in. With the left over bullets he had, Grischa bought Katya and himself some dinner, mushroom soup and then after a little back and forth with the bartender Grischa also got them the hardest alcohol his left over cash could buy them, some shroom vodka straight from Kievskaya. 

The dinner conversation was mostly one sided, Katya pushed her food around and only stared at her drink. Grischa knew he wasn't the kindest person, but over the past few years Katya had spent around him and that good for nothing Misha, he had, at least somewhat privately, grown fond of the girl, and hated to see her give everything the silent treatment. 

I'll get her to cheer up...or die trying. He thought, then looked around the bar and shrugged before grabbing his drink and holding it up, gesturing for Katya to do the same, a little toast between the two.

"Hey....to better days." He said, she gave him a confused look and shrugged.

"To better days" she said and downed her drink.

----------------

Just before the Polis version of 'night' was to become 'day' there was a series of thunderous knocks on Joe's door.

"O-open up!....Come on, open up!" Some one shouted as the knocking grew louder then the knocks turned into strikes, as if the person was punching the door.

"I said come out bitch!" The female voice behind the door almost screamed.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe was asleep when the knocks came. At first she thought it was Valkov back to bitch at her. The feminine voice told her otherwise. And while she gave no fucks about the person on the other side of the door she cared about her neighbors enough to grain as she got up and opened the door.

When she saw Misha’s girlfriend she nearly slammed the door in her face. “Why don’t ya keep it down. Some of us are tryin’ ta sleep,” she said to the girl in front of her reaching up to rub her face. “What the fuck do you want?”

@AnOriginalAccountNam

@Morrigan

Katya was a mess, her shirt was ripped at the shoulder, hair messed up beyond belief, there was a long stain going down her shirt but that seemed more recent, she even had a bottle still in her hand with a little bit of shroom vodka still sloshing around at the bottom. 

"You...I...w-wanted you, you bitch-" Katya started then tried to push Joe, to little effect. "-You had no right!" She shouted.

Joe rolled her eyes taking the woman’s hand that was shoving her and tugging it to the side and pulling the vodka out of her hand. “No right to what?” She responded simply as she moved the bottle onto a shelf in her house after taking a swig to take the edge off of her hangover.

@AnOriginalAccountNam

@Morrigan

Katya glared at the drink before looking back at Joe.

"You know what...you beat him, no right--None!" She began. "He never did anything t-to you...nothing!"

-------

Grischa woke up with a gasp, everything soon began to hurt and when he opened his eyes it got worse. All the noises, the sounds and smells, hit him full force and he felt like he was gonna vomit. He tried to cover his eyes slightly but open them enough to look around but could only see that he was still on the main platform in Polis. He tried to move but then the world spun, he yelped as he fell down and his side hurt. A moment later he forced himself up....he had been on a bench on the main platform, wrapped in his usual sweater.

"What...the fuck happend?" He muttered, covering his eyes once more at the bright lights that made Polis famous to many poorer stations, but right now only made his life worse. 

Joe leaned in close to the girls face so their noses were nearly touching. "I don't think you know your little boyfriend very well," she said. "Do you know all the shit that little mouthy fuck has said about me?"

@AnOriginalAccountNam

@Morrigan

"Said?" Katya asked then sighed. "My Misha...say's lots of things r-ranger. Lot's of things....but those are just--just words, you?...you use your fists, for fucking words!" Katya shouted. "You could've fucking killed him!...and for what? Tall tales? Bullshit?!" 

-------

Find Katya, Find Katya....Grischa conscience kept ordering him as he began to lumber off back towards the bar while keeping his eyes covered and forcing down the urge to vomit. It took a little bit of exploring but eventually he found it again...

Oh God...

The bar had seen better days, there was shattered bottles of alcohol every where, plates and utensils lined the floor, someone's puke was in a corner. This is how bars looked in poor or gang owned stations, not Polis...what happened?

"Oh you fucking degenerate...what do you want now?!" A voice angrily demanded, and Grischa moved his hands away from his eyes, finding the bar owner doing what he could to clean up the mess.

"I...came in with a girl?" He began. "What happened?" Grischa asked, nervous to find out. "Did I do something?" He finally asked and the bar tender scoffed.

"Did you do something?" The bar owner asked rhetorically. "No, YOU didn't. But that girl caused a shit storm here---you don't remember that? Don't remember the bottles flying? Nearly wrecking my bar then running off?" The bar owner asked angrily, gesturing to the war zone that was once his bar and Grischa just slowly shook his head, the entire nights memories no even being a blur but being completely gone after a few drinks with Katya. 

--------

Volodya, like many Spartans, got up at the crack of dawn, even when off duty. He was off duty. Offically anyway, though he was sure that Valkov would want him to check in on Sousa and the prisoner. 

Thank God that damn stalker is gone, should be a regular day....

"That's all we got down here," she said with a roll of her eyes. "But its not just fucking words dumb ass. There are things you just don't fucking say to people and even I'm smart enough to know that if I say them that I know how to back them up. You're little boyfriend decided to come here," she used her fingers to indicate walking, "to my house and talk shit to me. To me. The only reason he didn't get killed in the dead city the last time his dumb ass was there. And it wasn't just him trying to tug my dick shit. I'm talking insulting, downright disrespectful shit to poke fun at me. You expect me to take that from anyone? Let alone him? You think I don't have a right? He shouldn't even be alive right now," she advised him.

"You know that shit ass story that he said he saved two rangers? I'm one of the rangers he supposedly saved. He first tried to kill himself and the other ranger saving someone that was already dead," she advised him. "Then made himself into demon bait... like the puta he is. Then he wanted to cry and lay down in the middle of one of the shittiest tunnels in the dead city. So you'll forgive me when I know he shouldn't be running his mouth. I did all this with my skull cracked open," she pointed to her head like a gun. "But yeah... I'm the asshole for knocking his teeth in because he's proud of his fucking lie and just keeps poking me to rub salt in the wound. Fuck you," she flipped the girl off.

@AnOriginalAccountNam

@Morrigan

"So what this has to do more with your...what? Reputation? Do you think he goes around telling it to people back home?--He doesn't, and no...." Katya covered her mouth before continuing, seemingly forcing something down. "And no one..." She croaked "no one would believe him...e-even if he did!" He continued. "I doubt your friends...comrades, whatever even believe that shit--and if they do their fools, your a fool if you think they do!" Katya shouted then stopped, seemingly in thought.

"I'm....thankful you helped him." She eventually muttered. "But you...all of you, him, you, everyone, needs to control yourselves!"

----------

"Look, slow down, and just....just tell me what happened." Grischa said, sitting down before the bar owner smacked Grischa's leg with a broom, forcing him to back off.

"Tell you what happened?!--What else can I tell you? That fucking girl of yours fucking got everyone in a tizzy, next thing I know some dick-weed tossers a bottle at the back of someone's head and it's chaos!" The bar owner shouted, still to furious to even consider helping Grischa.

----------

Volodya had thrown on his normal day clothes and left the barracks, he had decided he'd check in on Joseph later and was heading into the station proper by now.

Find Joe...or get something to eat? He thought to himself. Why not both? With that he began to make his way towards Joe's home.

"I don't think you understand what a reputation is if you think that no one believes it," she said to the woman. "And if ya do... you'd know that him degrading me by calling me a pet name reserved only for my dead dad, is about as kind to me as stabbing me in the gut repeatedly. Which he did the whole time we were looking for you and Chuck's ass, thank you very much. And when he came to my house... he decided to tell me why he doesn't think that my name fits me right after I found out that my dad abandoned me ten years ago. I can control myself just fine. I didn't go seeking out your fucking friend. He decided to come here to see what would happen if he shoved the stick in harder and I'm not sorry to say, he got what he fucking deserved. Next time instead of poking the bear he should leave it the fuck alone, that's how you get mauled or dead."

@AnOriginalAccountNam

@Morrigan

"...Yes...he really should learn..." Katya muttered and nodded after a few moments of silence. "And you need to learn that..." Katya stopped and sighed "that...the opinions of one stalker are worthless, his words are worthless, his opinion of what your father calls you are worthless....and not worth killing a man over." Katya continued, trying to come up with anything she could to convince Joe, but the drunkenness made it all the more difficult for her.

---------

It didn't take long for Grischa to be thrown, almost literally, from the bar, or what remained of it.

Now what....

He stood there, outside the bars entrance, for sometime, thinking on what he could do but for once in his life he didn't have a plan. Belikov. Try him. 

----------

Volodya had continued down the platform, the houses for rangers who saved up enough for actual homes was not to far, relatively, from the barracks and it took him maybe seven or so minutes to see Joe's outline on the other side of the platform, along with....some woman?

Please God, don't let it be a repeart of yesterday Volodya prayed and hurried over.

"I don't think you can control yourself, and I don't think he can either..." Katya continued, seemingly lost in her own thoughts as Volodya rushed over.

"Joe, what's going on?" He asked making his way over and looking at Katya.

"And what happened to you?" He asked but Katya remained silent, mostly just looking herself over and shrugging.

"I think you'll note... I haven't killed his dumb ass," she pointed out. "Taught him some manners," she held up a hand and teetered it from one side to the other, "maybe. But I haven't killed him. How long will he have a broken nose for? Lets be honest I think someone else broke it at least once before I did."

"This crazy lady decided to come to my house while I was sleeping and yell at me. I didn't do anything but take away the crazy juice," she put her hands up defensively.

@AnOriginalAccountNam

@Morrigan

“Yeah, and judging by your breath you’ve had some of that crazy juice yourself?” Voloyda asked with a slight smirk.

“As for ‘this crazy lady’ Ma’am, you alright?” Voloyda asked, Katya still seemed stuck in her own little world before nodding.

“Yet.” Katya replied, looking back at Joe now.

“What?” Voloyda chimed in, still confused.

“You haven’t killed him yet. You’re a ranger…you go to the surface a lot, Moscow is one city; how much l-longer until you run back into him again? The metro may be our entire world but it’s just a subway, how long until you bump into Misha on one of your patrols again, and one of you idiots say something to piss each other off?!” Katya shouted and Voloyda sighed, remembering who Katya was by now.

“Look, ma’am just calm down.” Voloyda began.

“Fuck you!” Katya shouted a moment later before trying her best to push Voloyda who just held his ground with an annoyed look on his face.

“She nearly killed him!” Katya continued, and Voloyda nodded, looking over his shoulder at Joe giving her the same annoyed look before turning back to Katya.

“After he harrassed her.” Voloyda began.

“And that’s a death sentence?!” Katya yelled once more, cutting Voloyda off.

--------------

“I thought I told you to leave, Blok.”

“And I will, Belikov just…I need to know where Katya is.” Grischa explained as Belikov learned back in his chair, originally not too thrilled about Grischa coming back into his office but his annoyed and tired look soon changed into one of confusion.

“You lost her?” He asked, leaning forward on his desk slightly.

“Eh….somewhat. She is no doubt still in Polis. We went to the bar last night, got some dinner and some drinks.”

“And you had a bit too much?” Belikov interrupted him. “I’ve been made aware since I woke up this morning that Ilya’s bar has been trashed….was that you?” Belikov asked sternly.

“According to him no…Someone threw a bottle then shit got crazy.” Grischa said, his mind immediately going to lying and telling the truth. Belikov didn’t need to know about Ilya’s rant that Katya could’ve started something, but the rest would’ve been fine.

“And you just so happened to be there at the same time but too drunk to really remember anything detail wise on who this mysterious bottle thrower was?” Belikov asked once more, narrowing his eyes on Grischa’s.

“I know how it sounds…but like I said I just need Katya then I’ll be out of your hair for sometime.”
“Personally I’d prefer forever.” Belikov replied then sighed. “But banishment…true banishment from Polis is a pain in the ass to pass with the Council. So you lost her at the bar?” He asked and Grischa nodded once more.

“Last I remember we had a few drinks…”

“Obviously more than a few, Grischa.” Belikov muttered and Grischa nodded slowly.

“Yeah…more than a few. She was…just so upset over, Misha and it seems we both had the same idea, get some drinks to handle this shit. Last thing I remember vividly is making some cringy ass toast then…waking up on a bench not too far from the bar.” Grischa explained. “No one’s made any complaints of a drunk woman wandering around town?” He asked and Belikov slowly shook his head.

“No…but the day is just starting so who knows? Maybe we’ll get dozens of complaints…” Belikov said and leaned back in his chair once more.

"Again, haven't killed him. I, unlike your friends stupid mouth, do have restraint. I ain't gonna be the one that kills your boyfriend little girl. Its gonna be his mouth to the wrong fucking person that doesn't have restraint. I say yet because that mouth of his is gonna get him killed by someone not nearly as nice as me," she said to the woman. "We're not angels down here. We do what we have to to survive, maybe you should be yelling at him to learn to keep his mouth shut when he's talking to people. I taught him manners, that he probably didn't even learn the lesson about because he's a prick. Next person may not want to teach him manners, may want to make an example out of him," she said to the girl.

"You really can't be mad at me because I beat him up and my dad threatened to cut off his balls. You're mad because you know that he was being a stupid prick and I'm one of the few people that didn't take his shit and just eat it," she said.

@AnOriginalAccountNam

@Morrigan

"And you think your the first?...Grischa doesn't deal with shit either...n-neither does, Adam or Vasha or..."

Volodya sighed as she listed off the names. It's too early to be dealing with drunks...

"I...don't care if stood up to him--so does everyone and their mother, I care that you beat, that you are the bear he says you are!" Katya shouted.

"Ok that is enough!" Volodya yelled, moving in front of Joe before anything happened. "Ma'am, you're drunk, you need to leave. Now. Go and find that other friend of yours if he's here and go." Voloyda commanded.

"Grischa?" Katya said after a confused couple of seconds. "Old...b-bastard ran off, after buying me drinks..." Katya mumbled. "Don't know where he went to."